Why Choose Azure DevOps?
Azure DevOps is cloud-based, providing scalability without the need for additional infrastructure. It allows for extensibility with a wide range of plugins and extensions to add other functionality. The platform provides tools such as backlogs, boards, and sprint planning. These features make Azure DevOps an excellent option for the organizations. It helps in improving collaboration and communication and increases productivity.
Extensions of Azure DevOps
Azure DevOps is a collection of services organizations can use to build, test, and deploy software. These services can be extended using Azure DevOps extensions. Azure DevOps extensions add additional functionality and capabilities to the Azure DevOps platform. These extensions can be created by Microsoft or by third-party developers. They are used to integrate with other tools and services. Adding custom functionality can also be done using these extensions.
Some of the server extensions of Azure DevOps include:
- Code Search: Responsible for providing fast, flexible, and accurate search across the code.
- Time Tracker: It is a complete solution to track time for teams and professional developers.
- Azure Pipeline Microsoft: Allows users to automate their code’s build, test, and deployment. It provides build and release services to support continuous integration and delivery of your applications.
- Dependency Track: Helps with the integration between Azure DevOps and Dependency Track.
- Azure Boards: Allows users to track work items, bugs, and features. It delivers Agile tools to support planning and tracking work, code defects, and issues. This is done using Kanban and Scrum methods.
- Azure Test Plans: Allows users to plan, track and manage tests, including manual and automated testing. It provides several tools to test your apps, including manual and continuous testing.
- Azure DevOps Server: Allows users to run Azure DevOps on-premises
Benefits of Azure DevOps:
Some benefits of using Azure DevOps are:
- Collaboration: Azure DevOps enables teams to collaborate and communicate effectively, allowing for better coordination and faster development.
- Scalability: Azure DevOps is a cloud-based platform. It means that it can scale up or down as needed without the need for additional infrastructure.
- End of Upgrade Cycle: Upgrades need to be done regularly for organizations running on-premises CI/CD tooling. Moving to Azure DevOps means no need to worry about upgrading the toolchain.
- Extensibility: Azure DevOps can be extended with a wide range of plugins and extensions to add additional functionality. Integration with other tools and services is also possible.
- Security and Compliance: Azure DevOps provides built-in security and compliance features. The services include multi-factor authentication, role-based, and access control. This ensures that organizations can use the platform with confidence, knowing that their data is secure.
DevOps Azure is a powerful platform that provides a wide range of tools for software development. It enables teams to collaborate and communicate effectively, allowing for better coordination and faster development. The platform provides tools for agile development, which can help teams work more efficiently. Azure DevOps also will enable teams to automate the building, testing, and deploying of code. This helps in saving time and reducing errors.